My last post seems to have been on 27th March 2004. Oops. Bit slack of me there.
In lieu of catching up, a very quick review of the year:
- I started a shiny new relationship with my love ghoti, which is still going strong. Life there is very good indeed.
- I got offered a job to work full-time from home on what has become Ubuntu, and accepted after a couple of weeks of dilemma over leaving nCipher. On balance it's turned out to be the right decision, although I still have some issues to resolve regarding keeping my working hours sensible and giving myself enough time to relax.
- Tony moved out and Chris moved in, so I got to know him, and it was also good to get to know ghoti's housemates better.
- I went to several fun places for conferences (Spain, twice, and Brazil). Mmm, caipirinhas. I probably spent more time away from home than ghoti would've liked, though.
- I took up karate, and I think would have gained the red belt if I hadn't been away at the time. The orange belt grading is in March, and I should be at that. It's been good for my fitness levels.
- Being very short on reading time in general, I failed in my project to finish reading Dante's "The Divine Comedy", getting to partway through "Paradiso". Still, there's always next year.
- I should spend more time with my sister's young family.
So ups and downs, but the vast majority ups; 2004 was a wonderful year for me. Not to be a jinx, but the signs are that it will continue. Here's to 2005 being even half as good!